Web science is an emerging interdisciplinary field with the study of broad-scale socio-technical systems, such as the World Wide Web .         [ edit] References  Related terms Web Science combines research from disciplines as diverse as sociology , computer science , economics , and mathematics . 
Earlier definition Year Was Given by American computer scientist Ben Shneiderman : “Web Science” is the processing the information available on the web in similar terms To Those applied to natural environment. 
The Web Science Institute describes Web Science as a Focus “the analytical power of researchers from disciplines as diverse as mathematics, sociology, economics, psychology, law and computer science to understand and explain the Web. Behavior as about the underpinning technology. ” 
There are Numerous academic research groups engaged in Web Science research,         Many of qui are members of WSTNet, the Web Science Trust Network of Research labs. Health Web Science is a sub-discipline of Web Science that studies the role of the Web’s impact on the health outcomes and how to further utilize the Web to improve health outcomes.    
Related major conferences
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), Hypertext Conference (HT) Sponsored by sigWeb
- ACM SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI)
- International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM)
- International World Wide Web Conference (WWW)
- Digital anthropology
- Digital Sociology
- Health Web Science
- Sociology of the Internet
- Technology and society
- Web Science Trust
- Jump up^ Berners-Lee, T .; Hall, W .; Hendler, J .; Shadbolt, N .; Weitzner, D. (2006). “Computer Science: Enhanced: Creating a Science of the Web”. Science . 313 (5788): 769-771. PMID 16902115 . Doi : 10.1126 / science.1126902 .
- Jump up^ Hendler, Jim ; Shadbolt, Nigel ; Hall, Wendy ; Berners-Lee, Tim ; Weitzner, Daniel (2008). “Web science: an interdisciplinary approach to understanding the web” (PDF) . Communications of the ACM . 51 (7). Doi : 10.1145 / 1364782.1364798 .
- Jump up^ “Why Do We Need Web Science Research?” . 6 December 2009.
- Jump up^ Shneiderman, Ben (2007). “Web science”. Communications of the ACM. 50 (6): 25. doi : 10.1145 / 1247001.1247022 .
- Jump up^ “What is Web Science?” – Web Science Institute – University of Southampton .
- Jump up^ “WSTNet at RPI: Web Science Research Center” . 30 October 2012.
- Jump up^ “웹 사이언스 공학” . eng.webst.kaist.ac.kr.
- Jump up^ “WeST Institute” .
- Jump up^ “E-Business and Web Science Research Group at Bundeswehr University Munich” .
- Jump up^ “Education – Web Science Institute – University of Southampton” .
- Jump up^ “JKU” Webwissenschaften – Master ” .
- Jump up^ “New Web Science Institute to explore how the Web will shape our future – Electronics and Computer Science – University of Southampton”.
- Jump up^ “UIR Web Science @CEMAM – USJ – Beirut / Lebanon” .
- Jump up^ http://www.websci11.org/workshops/health-web-science-workshop/>
- Jump up^ http://www.websci12.org/workshops/health-web-science-workshop
- Jump up^ Luciano, Joanne S; Cumming, Grant P; Wilkinson, Mark D; Kahana, Eva (1 January 2013). “The Emergent Discipline of Health Web Science”. 15 (8). PMC 3758025 . PMID 23968998 . Doi : 10.2196 / jmir.2499 .
- Jump up^ “Health Web Science”. Foundations and Trends in Web Science . 4 : 269-419. Doi : 10.1561 / 1800000019 .