Rome2rio is a multimodal transport search engine that has been launched in April 2011.  Rome2rio’s platform is capable of long-distance (inter-city) trip planning as well as local (intra-city) journey planning. Users can input any address, town or landmark as the origin and destination and Rome2rio searches a database of flight, train, ferry, bus and driving routes to present route and price options for traveling to that destination.
The company is based in Melbourne, Australia .
The transport data searched by Rome2rio includes: 
- 612,610 bus routes via 3,328 bus operators
- 100,167 train lines via 364 train operators
- 44,833 flight paths via 670 airlines
- 5,628 ferries via 531 ferries operators
More driving directions for most countries worldwide.
White Label and API
The company initially offered both white label and API options for partners wishing to integrate its multi-modal results into web sites and mobile apps.  In July 2015, it was announced that the company would be able to offer its customers the best quality products. 
Founders and history
Rome2rio was founded by Bernhard Tschirren and Dr. Michael Cameron, two ex-Microsoft software engineers. The site was born out of their frustrations with the lack of a fast, easy-to-use, and comprehensive multi-modal search engine with global coverage.  The two co-founders began work on the product in September 2010 and won the Melbourne Azure Bizspark Camp Award in February 2011.  The beta version of Rome2rio was officially launched on 7 April 2011.  Rod Cuthbert, Founder of Viator, joined the team as CEO in 2012.  Rome2rio won the People’s Choice Award at Phocuswright 2012,  the TRAVELtech GlobalCollect Website of the Year in 2013,  and the Data Specialist Award at the 2015 WITovation Awards. 
The company has raised $ 2.8 million in funding including a $ 1.2 million grant from Commercialization Australia.  In 2017 the company made changes to the executive team. Rod Cuthbert was made Executive Chairman, Michael Cameron became CEO and Bernie Tschirren was made Chief Architect. The team added Kirsteene Phelan as COO. 
- Jump up^ Rome2rio Is Google Maps With Airfare, Train And Driving Options. TechCrunch (2011-04-07). Retrieved on 2015-05-22.
- Jump up^ Ltd, rome2rio Pty. “Rome2rio coverage” . Rome2rio . Retrieved 2016-02-03 .
- Jump up^ Bryant, Martin. “Multi-Modal Travel Search Engine Rome2rio Opens Up Free API Access” . The Next Web . Retrieved 2016-02-04 .
- Jump up^ “Rome2Rio axes white label to prioritized own consumer brand” . Tnooz . Retrieved 2016-02-04 .
- Jump up^ TLabs Showcase – Rome2rio. Tnooz. Retrieved on 2015-05-22.
- Jump up^ Community report: Melbourne Azure Bizspark camp 2011 | Burela’s house-o-blog. Davidburela.wordpress.com. Retrieved on 2015-05-22.
- Jump up^ Rome2Rio launches travel with planes, trains, and automobiles | VentureBeat | News | By Anthony Ha. VentureBeat (2011-04-07). Retrieved on 2015-05-22.
- Jump up^ “Rome2Rio grabs $ 450,000 investment round, ex-Viator boss as interim CEO – Tnooz” . Tnooz . Retrieved 2016-02-03 .
- Jump up^ “Phocuswright Conference: 2012 Travel Innovation Summit Alumni” . Phocuswrightconference.com . Retrieved 2016-02-04 .
- Jump up^ “Rome2Rio Beats Strong Field to Win Website of the Year | Travel Trends” . Www.traveltrends.biz . Retrieved 2016-02-03 .
- Jump up^ “Tearjerker in Thailand and karaoke-basketball fusion win at WITovation Awards – WIT” . WIT . Retrieved 2016-02-03 .
- Jump up^ “Rome2Rio Gets Another $ 1.2 million in Govt Funding | Travel Trends” . Www.traveltrends.biz . Retrieved 2016-02-03 .
- Jump up^ https://www.rome2rio.com/blog/2017/04/24/new-roles-rome2rio-growth-continues/