Library history is a subdiscipline of science and science .  Some see the field as a subset of information history  Library history is an academic discipline and shoulds not be confused with icts object of study ( history of libraries ): the discipline is much younger than the libraries it studies. Library history begins in ancient societies through contemporary issues facing libraries today.  Topics include recording mediums, cataloging systems, scholars, scribes, library supporters and librarians. 
- Libraries & the Cultural Record ; Exploring the history of collections of recorded knowledge (L & CR); Until 2006: Libraries & Culture ; Until 1988: The Journal of Library History ; Until 1974: Journal of Library History, Philosophy, and Comparative Librarianship ; Until 1973: The Journal of Library History
- Library & Information History (until 2008: Library History , until 1967: Library Association.
- Library History Review
- Library History Round Table Newsletter (LHRT Newsletter), until 1992: LHRT Newsletter ; Until 198 ?: LHRT ; Until 1979: ALHRT Newsletter]]
- Information and Culture; A journal of history
- Phyllis Dain Library History Award
- Donald G. Davis Article Award
- Eliza Atkins Gleason Book Award
- Justin Winsor Library
- Andrew Carnegie
- History of libraries
- History of public library advocacy
- Information history
- Librarians in popular culture
- Libraries & the Cultural Record
- Library historian
- History of the Internet
- Sociology of the Internet
- Jump up^ Buchanan, Anne L. & Herubel, Jean-Pierre VM (2011). Subject: History and Disciplinary Considerations. Journal of Scholarly Publishing, 42 (4), 503-522
- Jump up^ Black, A. (2006). Information history. Annual Review of Information Science and Technology , 40, 441-473.
- Jump up^ Murray, Stuart (2009). The Library an illustrated history . New York: Skyhorse Publishing . ISBN 978-1-60239-706-4 .
- Jump up^ Hildenbrand, Suzanne, red. (1996). Reclaiming the American library past: Writing the women inNorwood, NJ: Ablex.