LabVantage Solutions, Inc. is a laboratory information management system (LIMS) based in Somerset , New Jersey . Founded in 1981,  LabVantage is the third largest LIMS provider in the world. 
On June 30, 2009, LabVantage announced its intention to acquire the SQL * LIMS business from Applied BioSystems (Subsidiary of Life Technologies Corp.). The significance of this merger is that it heavily impacts the LIMS market. With LabVantage’s most advanced technology and SQL. * LIMS business’s most experienced and globalized personal, this combination thrusts the new LabVantage to become the number 1 LIMS provider in the industry. The purchase immediately opened LabVantage’s market to all continents except Antarctica, giving the company the most global coverage in the LIMS industry throughout the world today. On August 10, 2009, LabVantage officially closed the transaction and completed the acquisition of SQL * LIMS business from Life Technologies Corp. 
Prior to the August 10, 2009 transaction, about half of the company’s employees in India , while 60 employees are in North America and 20 are in Europe . 
LabVantage’s customers in the United States include Aventis , Pfizer , and Unilever’s Best Foods (now called Hellmann’s and Best Foods ).  In India, LabVantage provides services for GAIL , Indian Oil Corporation , and Reliance Industries . 
- Jump up^ “LabVantage Solutions, Inc.” . BusinessWeek . Archived from the original on 2009-04-22 . Retrieved 2009-04-22 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “US firm to double workforce in city” . The Indian Express . 2005-11-16. Archived from the original on 22 April 2009 . Retrieved 22 April 2009 .
- Jump up^ “LabVantage acquires SQL * LIMS business” . Scientific Computing World . 2009-09-01. Archived from the original on 2009-09-22 . Retrieved 22 September 2009 . External link in( help ) |work=
- Jump up^ “LabVantage to double staff in India” . Rediff.com . 2005-12-07. Archived from the original on 22 April 2009 . Retrieved 22 April 2009 .
- Jump up^ “LabVantage to hire more” . The Telegraph . 2005-11-16. Archived from the original on 22 April 2009 . Retrieved 22 April 2009 .