The Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (ISCRAM) is an international community of researchers, practitioners and policy makers involved in the design, development, deployment, and evaluation of information systems for crisis response and management. The ISCRAM Community has been co-founded by Bartel Van de Walle ( Tilburg University , Netherlands ), Benny Carle ( SCK-CEN Nuclear Research Center , Belgium) and Murray Turoff ( New Jersey Institute of Technology ).
ISCRAM conferences have been held annually since 2004. Since 2005, the conference has alternated between Europe and the United States / Canada.
|Location (year)||Program and / or conference chairs|
|Brussels, Belgium (2004, 2005  )||Bartel Van de Walle and Benny Carlé|
|Newark, New Jersey (2006  )||Bartel Van de Walle and Murray Turoff|
|Delft, the Netherlands (2007  )||Bartel Van de Walle, Paul Burghardt, and Kees Nieuwenhuis|
|Washington, DC (2008  )||Bartel Van de Walle, Frank Fiedrich, Jack Harrald, and Theresa Jefferson|
|Gothenburg, Sweden (2009  )||Jonas Landgren, Bartel Van de Walle, and Susanne Jul|
|Seattle, Washington (2010  )||Mark Haselkorn, Simon French, and Brian Tomaszewski|
|Lisbon, Portugal (2011  )||Maria A. Santos, Julie Dugdale, and David Mendonça|
|Vancouver, Canada (2012  )||Brian Fisher, Richard Arias-Hernandez, Leon Rothkrantz, Jozef Ristvej and Zeno Franco|
|Baden-Baden, Germany (2013  )||Jürgen Beyerer, Thomas Usländer, and Tina Comes|
At the conference, the Mike Meleshkin best PhD student paper is awarded to the best paper written and presented by a PhD student. Past awardees are Jonas Landgren ( Viktoria Institute , Sweden), Jiri Trnka ( Linkoping University , Sweden), Manuel Llavador ( Polytechnic University of Valencia , Spain ), Thomas Foulquier ( University of Sherbrooke , Canada) , Valentin Bertsch ( Karlsruhe University , , And the PhD students in crisis at the University of Colorado at Boulder (USA).
ISCRAM-CHINA and Summer School
Since 2005, an annual conference is also held in China, at Harbin Engineering University , with Dr. Song Yan as conference chair. The 2008 meeting is held jointly with the GI4D meeting on August 4-6, 2008. 
The Summer School for PhD students took place in the Netherlands at Tilburg University in June 2006 and 2007.
Murray Jennex (San Diego State University) and Bartel Van de Walle (Tilburg University, the Netherlands). The International Journal of Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (IJISCRAM) ).
The mission of the International Journal of Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (IJISCRAM) is to provide an outlet for innovative research in the area of information systems for crisis response and management. Research is expected to be rigorous but can be used qualitatively or quantitatively in nature. The journal will provide a comprehensive cross-disciplinary forum for advancing the understanding of the organizational, technical, human, and cognitive issues associated with the use of information systems in responding and managing crises of all kinds. The aim of this paper is to evaluate the impact of the crisis on the quality of the response and management. Full-length research manuscripts,
- Jump up^ ISCRAM2004 and ISCRAM2005 Proceedings, Brussels, Belgium,ISBN 90-76971-08-0andISBN 90-76971-09-9
- Jump up^ ISCRAM2006 Proceedings (Eds B. Van de Walle and M. Turoff), Newark, NJ,ISBN 90-902060-1-9
- Jump up^ ISCRAM2007 Proceedings (Eds., Van de Walle, P. Burghardt and C. Nieuwenhuis), Delft the Netherlands,ISBN 978-90-5487-417-1
- Jump up^ ISCRAM2008 Proceedings (Eds F. Fiedrich and B. Van de Walle), Washington DC,ISBN 978-0-615-20697-4
- Jump up^ ISCRAM2009 Proceedings (Eds J. Landgren and S. Jul), Gothenburg, Sweden,ISBN 978-91-633-4715-3
- Jump up^ ISCRAM2010 Proceedings (Eds S. French, B. Tomaszewski, and C. Zobel), Seattle, Washington
- Jump up^ ISCRAM2011 Proceedings (Eds M. Santos, L. Sousa, and E. Portela), Lisbon, Portugal,ISBN 978-972-49-2247-8
- Jump up^ ISCRAM2012 Proceedings (Eds L. Rothkrantz, J. Ristvej, and Z. Franco), Vancouver, Canada,ISBN 978-0-86491-332-6
- Jump up^ ISCRAM2013 Proceedings (Eds. T. Comes, F. Fiedrich, S. Fortier, J. Geldermann and T. Müller), Baden Baden, Germany,ISBN 978-3-923704-80-4
- Jump up^ ISCRAM-CHINA 2007 Proceedings (Eds., Van de Walle, X.Li and S.Zhang), Harbin, China,ISBN 978-7-81073-927-6
- Van de Walle, Bartel; Murray Turoff (2006). “ISCRAM: growing a global R & D Community on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management” . International Journal of Emergency Management . 3 (4): 364-369. Doi : 10.1504 / IJEM.2006.011302 .
- Van de Walle, Bartel; Murray Turoff (2007). “Emergency Response Information Systems: emerging Trends and Technologies” . Communications of the ACM . 50 (3): 28-32. Doi : 10.1145 / 1226736.1226760 .
- Peace IT! Issue 2008/1, published by CMI Finland, had a report on ISCRAM2008