Internet Research (INTR) is a peer-reviewed academic journal, published by Emerald Group Publishing .
The Journal was founded as Electronic Networks in 1990, with first articles published in 1991. Articles from 1991 onward are available online at the journal’s website. Emerald acquired the journal from Mecklermedia in 1995.
Editors-in-chief of the journal
- 2016 – 2011: Bernard J. Jansen, The Pennsylvania State University , Qatar Computing Research Institute
- 2011 – 1998: David G. Schwartz, Bar-Ilan University , Israel
- 1998 – 1995: John Peters, Emerald
There-have-been Several Highly Cited Articles published in Internet Research, Including the 1992 article, “World-wide web: the information universe”,  qui is one of the first academic items Where Sir Tim Berners-Lee mentions the words “World -wide web “.
The 2015 impact factor is 3.017,   which is the highest impact factor of any Emerald journal. 
INTR is indexed in, among others, the following indexing and abstracting services :
- Elsevier BV
- Emerald Group Publishing Limited
- Social Science Citation Index
- Thomson Reuters
- VINITI RAN
- Jump up^ Tim Berners-Lee, Robert Cailliau, Jean-François Groff, Bernd Pollermann (1992)World-wide web: the information universe. Internet Research (republished 2010) 20: 4, 461-471.
- Jump up^ 2014 Journal Citation Reports® (Thomson Reuters, 2016)
- Jump up^ “Internet Research” . Emerald . Retrieved 15 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ Private Correspondence with Emerald journal manager to Dr. Jansen, June 15, 2016