Integrated Operations in the High North ( Iohn , IO High North gold IO in the High North ) is a unique collaboration project That During a four-year period starting May 2008 is working is designing, Implementing and testing a Digital Platform for what in the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry is called the next or second generation of Integrated Operations .  The work on the digital platform is focussed on capturing, transferring and integrating real-time data from the remote production facilities to the decision makers. A risk assessment across the entire chain is also included. The platform is based are open standards and has Enables Higher degree of interoperability . Requirements for the digital platform come from use cases defined dans le Drilling and Completion , Reservoir and Production and Operations and Maintenance domains. The platform will be demonstrated through pilots within these three domains. 
This new platform is regarded significant year enabler for safe and sustainable operations in remote, vulnerable and hazardous areas Such As the High North ,     purpose the technology is Clearly aussi applicable in more general applications.
The IOHN project consortium consists of 23 participants,  including operators, service providers, software vendors, technology providers, research institutions and universities. In addition, the Norwegian Defense Force is working with the project to resolve common infrastructure and interoperability challenges. 
The project is managed by Det Norske Veritas (DNV) .  Nils Sandsmark was the project manager during the initiation and start-up phase. Frédéric Verhelst took over as project manager from the beginning of 2009. 
Financing comes from the participants and the Research Council of Norway (RCN) for parts of the project (GOICT  and AutoConRig   ).
The consortium consists of the following 22 participants  (in alphabetical order):
|Det Norske Veritas||ENI||Epsis||FMC Technologies||FSI|
|IO Center||IRIS||National Oilwell Varco||NTNU||OLF|
|POSC Caesar Association||Petroleum Safety Authority Norway||Siemens||Statoil||Norwegian Defense|
|University of Oslo||University of Stavanger|
- Integrated Operations
- Semantic Web
- ISO 15926 aka Oil and Gas Ontology , an enabler for the next or second generation of Integrated Operations by integrating data across disciplines and business domains.
- Petroleum exploration in the Arctic
- POSC Caesar Association , the custodian of ISO 15926 , the Oil and Gas Ontology .
- Jump up^ The Norwegian Oil Industry Association (OLF) and POSC Caesar Association (PCA) (2007-09-19). “Integrated Operations and Oil and Gas Ontology” (PDF) . Retrieved 2009-05-06 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Integrated Operations in the High North (Iohn). “Short introduction to the Integrated Operations in the High North (IOHN) project” . Retrieved 2009-05-07 .
- Jump up^ The Norwegian Oil Industry Association (OLF) (2008-08-26). “Integrated Operations” . Retrieved 2009-05-07 .
- Jump up^ Rigzone E & P News (2008-08-26). “Norway Takes Reign to Provide Next Generation Integrated Operations” . Retrieved 2009-05-08 .
- Jump up^ Digital Energy Journal (2008-08-27). “Norway developing next generation Integrated Operations” . Retrieved 2009-05-08 .
- Jump up^ E & P Magazine (2008-12-02). “Offshore R & D pushes the limits” . Retrieved 2009-05-08 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b IOHN (2010-03-10). “List of participating companies in the IOHN project” . Retrieved 2010-03-10 .
- Jump up^ Det Norske Veritas (DNV) (2008-08-26). “DNV leads Integrated Operations development” . Retrieved 2009-05-07 .
- Jump up^ LinkedIn . “Profile of Frederic Verhelst” . Retrieved 2009-09-28 .
- Jump up^ The Research Council of Norway (RCN). “Dependable ICT for the Energy Sector (GOICT, RCN project 183235, VERDIKT-program)” . Retrieved 2009-05-07 .
- Jump up^ The Research Council of Norway (RCN). “Semi-autonomous control system for unmanned drilling rigs (AutoConRig, RCN proj.no. 187473, PETROMAKS-program)” . Retrieved 2009-05-07 .
- Jump up^ Jens Ornæs (NOV). “RCN / NFR project” AutoConRig ” ” . Retrieved 2009-07-02 .