Information Systems Security Association ( ISSA ) is a not-for-profit, international professional organization of information security professionals and practitioners. It was founded in 1984, after work on its establishment in 1982. It provides educational forums, publications and peer interaction opportunities.
ISSA International Board of Directors
President: Andrea C. Hoy, CISM, CISSP, MBA
Vice President: Justin White
Secretary / Director of Operations: Anne Rogers CISSP, CEC, PMP, EnCE, IAM, IEM
Treasurer / Chief Financial Officer: Pamela Fusco
ISSA has an international membership base.
The primary goal of the ISSA is to promote the availability of information resources. The ISSA facilitates interaction and education to create a more successful environment for global information systems. 
Local chapters host periodic meetings, usually monthly, for educational and networking purposes. Events with broader scope are held at the regional, national and international levels.
ISSA members receive continuing education credits for attending all ISSA-sponsored activities, as well as activities sponsored by other organizations that uphold similar membership standards.
The following list includes some of the important ways that ISSA members work towards achieving the Association’s goals:
- Organize international conferences, local chapter meetings and seminars that offer educational programs, training and valuable networking opportunities.
- Provide access to information through the ISSA website.
- Provide support for professional certification and development opportunities for security practitioners.
- Create opportunities for members to join committees and boards, which provide significant leadership for the security industry.
- Facilitate discussion and feedback on key issues, such as the National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace, in order to create a unified voice for security professionals around the world that can influence public opinion, government regulations, the media and other important audiences.
Code of Ethics
As an applicant for membership, the individual is expected to be bound to a principle of ethics related to the Information Security career. 
Applicants for ISSA membership attest that they have and will:
- Perform all activities and professional duties in according with all applicable laws and ethical principles The Highest,
- Promote accepted information security current best practices and standards;
- Appropriate Maintain confidentiality of proprietary or sensitive information Otherwise Encountered in the course of professional activities;
- Discharge professional responsibilities with diligence and honesty;
- Refrain from activities Any qui might Constitute a conflict of interest or Otherwise damage the reputation of Employers, the information security profession, or the Association; and
- Not intentionally insult or impugn the professional reputation or practice of colleagues, clients, Employers gold.
ISSA is present in more than one hundred countries, Including Europe and Asia, with more than 10,000 members. 
- ISSA-UK is one of ISSA’s largest chapters. Tim Holman was elected President in 2011.
ISSA has established an Information Security Program with Microsoft Corporation. 
- Computer Security portal
- Business network
- Computer security
- Information Security
- Information security management system
- IT risk
- Jump up^ “About ISSA” . ISSA . Information Systems Security Association . Retrieved 22 November 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Code of Ethics ISSA” .
- Jump up^ “20years of ISSA” (PDF) .
- Jump up^ “Press Release” (PDF) .