Information Processing and Management (IPM) is a peer-reviewed academic journal, published by Elsevier.
The journal was founded as Information Storage and Retrieval in 1963; in 1975, IPM changed its name to Information Processing and Management.
There have been several notable editors-in-chief of the journal, including:
- Current – 2016: Dr. Bernard J. (Jim) Jansen, The Pennsylvania State University, Qatar Computing Research Institute
- 2015 – 2008: Dr. Fabio Crestani, University of Lugano, Switzerland
- 2008 – 1985: Dr. Tefko Saracevic, Rutgers University
- 1985 – 1969: Dr. Bernard Fry, Indiana University
- 1969 – 1963: Dr. Jason Farradane, City University, London
Impact Factor: 2016: 2.391 cf., Thomson Reuters Journal Citation Reports 2016
There have been several highly cited articles published in IPM.
IPM is indexed in, among others, the following indexing and abstracting services:
- Social Science Citation Index
- Information Science Abstracts
- LISA (Library and Information Science Abstracts)