Infocommunications is the natural expansion of telecommunications with information processing and happy handling functions Including all kinds of electronic communications (fixed and mobile telephony, data communications, media communications, broadcasting, etc.) were common digital technology base, Mainly through internet technology .  Detailed information on infocommunications and the related terms is linked ……… here .
The term Infocomats, or in short form, Infocom (s) or Infocomm (s) first emerged in the beginning of eighties at scientific conferences and then was gradually adopted in the 1990s by the players of telecommunications sector, including manufacturers, service providers, regulatory And the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). The convergence process is triggered by the large scale development of digital technology. Digital technology has unified, Internet technology radically reshaped telecommunications, integrated information processing and content management functions.     For the evolutionary phases and value-chain models from the separated communication Subsectors through the unification of telecommunications to the infocommunications, and further Top ( Cognitive infocommunications ,  Internet of Things , Future Internet  ), see. 
The term “infocommunications” is also used in the form of information and communication technology (ICT).
The terms information-com (s) and information-communications (with a hyphen) are also used to express the integration of the information technology (IT) and telecommunications sectors,  or simply to interpret the abbreviation ICT.
The term Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has been defined as an extended synonym for information technology (IT) to emphasize the integration with (tele) communications. ICT products, but are referred to as the Media & Content products . 
The abbreviation TIM , as the Telecom IT Media sector is used to express the full integration of the Telecommunications, IT and Media & Content sectors.  As well, the abbreviation TIME, as the Telecom IT / Internet Media & Entertainment / Edutainment sector is used to express the integration of these sectors.
Other related terms are presented in,   and here .
The relationship and position of the terms can be Demonstrated by a digital convergence prism  (Figure 1), qui shows the three components (T, I, M) and peer Their and the triple combination (converge TIM triplet) selon the Rule of additive color mixing. Assuming that telecommunications (Telecom) is blue, informatics (IT) is green and Media and Content is red, then telemaformatics / telematics is cyan, telemedia / networked media is magenta, media informatics is yellow, and the convergent TIM is white. In such a way, the integrated TIM sector corresponds to the whole area, and the Infocommunications to Telecom and neighboring areas (blue, cyan, magenta and white). That means that, for example,
- Infocommunications Journal
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d Sallai, Gy .: Defining Infocommunications and Related Terms. Acta Polytechnica Hungarica (ISSN 1785-8860), Vol. 9, No. 6, 2012. pp. 5-15. http://www.uni-obuda.hu/journal/Sallai_38.pdf
- Jump up^ International Telecommunication Union (ITU): World Communications – Going global with a networked society. Editor: GL Franco Novara, 1991, Italy
- Jump up^ International Telecommunication Union: Convergence and Regulation, Volume of Trends in Telecommunication Reform, 1999, Geneva
- ^ Jump up to:a b Krafft, J.: Profiting in the Info-Coms Industry in the Age of Broadband: Lessons and New Considerations. Technological Forecasting & Social Change, Vol. 77, pp. 265-278, 2010
- ^ Jump up to:a b c World Economic Forum: Digital Ecosystem – Convergence between IT, Telecoms, Media and Entertainment: Scenarios to 2015. World Scenario Series, 2007 http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_DigitalEcosystem_Scenario2015_ExecutiveSummary_2010.pdf
- Jump up^ Baranyi, P., Csapó, A.: Definition and Synergies of Cognitive Infocommunications. Acta Polytechnica Hungarica (ISSN 1785-8860), Vol. 9, No. 1, 2012. pp. 67-83 http://www.uni-obuda.hu/journal/Baranyi_Csapo_33.pdf
- Jump up^ The Future Internet – Future Internet Assembly 2012: From Promises to Reality (ISBN 978-3-642-30240-4), Edited by Alvarez, F. et al., Aalborg, 9-11 May 2012, LNCS 7281, 2012, Springer, Heidelberg
- Jump up^ OECD: Guide to Measuring the Information Society 2011 (ISBN 978-92-64-09598-4), p. 206, August 2011