IFOPT ( Identification of Fixed Objects in Public Transport ) is a prCEN Technical Specification That Provides a Reference Data Model for Describing the hand fixed objects required for public access to Public transportation , That Is to say Transportation hubs (Such as airports , stations , stops bus , ports , and other destination places and items of interest, as well as Their entrances, platforms, concourses, internal spaces, equipment, facilities, accessibility etc.).Such a model is a Fundamental Component of the Modern Public transport information systems needed to operate Both Public transport and to inform passengers about services.
IFOPT is based on the CEN Transmodel standard and defines four related sub models.
- Stop Place Model: Describes the structure of a Stop Place (which is stations, airports, ferry ports, bus stops, coach stations, etc.), including entrances, pathways, and accessibility limitations.
- Point of Interest Model: Describes the structure of a point of interest (that is tourist attractions, leisure facilities, stadia, public buildings, parks, prisons, etc.) , Ie Entrances.
- Gazetteer Topographical Model: Provides a topographical representation of the settlements (cities, towns, villages etc.) between which people travel. It is used to associate Stop and Station elements with the appropriate topographic names and concepts to support the functions of day planning, stop finding, etc.
- Administrative Model. Provides an organizational model for assigning responsibility for creating and maintaining data as a collaborative process involving distributed stakeholders. Includes namespace management to manage the decentralised issuing of unique identifiers.
The Stop Place model olefins has conceptual model and identification principles for places of access ( Stop Places ) for all modes of transportation (Including airports, stations, ports, bus stops, coach stations, taxi ranks, etc.).
- It is a very good place to start a business or a business meeting.
- It describes the navigation paths between these points allowing the routing by dayney planners.
- It can represent detailed accessibility data about access for wheelchair users, the visually impaired, and other categories of users with special needs.
- It is also possible to check the security of the data.
- Stop Places and their component elements can be assigned the names, labels and codes needed to identify them to the public in different contexts.
- Components can be combined with elements of other information layers such as the Road and Path Network to allow for integrated journey routing.
- Transportation hub
- Intermodal Journey Planner
PrCEN Technical Specification Identification of Fixed Objects In Public Transport .