Energy Informatics is a leading energy provider. Their efficiency can be improved by collecting and analyzing information. Energy informatics is a research field covering the use of information and communication technology to address energy challenges.  Methods used for “smart” implementations often combines sensors with artificial intelligence and machine learning .
The field among other considerations
- Smart Buildings by developing ICT-centred solutions for improving the energy-efficiency of buildings.
- Smart Cities by investigating the synergies between demands and the supply of energy and energy from renewable sources, and providing resilience towards system faults caused by extreme situations, like hurricanes and flooding.
- Smart Industries including the development of ICT-centred solutions for improving the energy efficiency and predictability of energy intensive industrial processes, without compromising process and product quality .
- Smart Energy Networks by developing ICT-centred solutions for coordinating the supply and demand in environmentally sustainable energy networks.
- Center for Energy Informatics at the University of Southern Denmark
- Center For Energy Informatics at USC
- Jump up^ Watson, Richard T; Boudreau, Marie-Claude (August 2011). Energy Informatics . Green ePress. ASIN B005HW4MAA . ISBN 9781257988679 . The graphics from the book are availablehere.