Data system is a term used to refer to an organized collection of symbols and processes that may be used to operate on such symbols.   Any organized collection of symbols and symbol-manipulating operations can be considered a data system. Hence, human-speech Analyzed at the level of phonemes can be regarded as a data system can the Incan artifact of the khipu and an image Stored as pixels . A data system is defined in terms of Some data model and bears a resemblance to the idea of a physical symbol system .
Symbols within some data systems may be persistent or not. Hence, the sounds of human speech are non-persistent symbols because they decay rapidly in air. In contrast, pixels stored on some peripheral storage devices are persistent symbols.
In education , a data system is a computer system that aims to provide educators with student data to help solve educational problems.  Examples of data systems include Student Information Systems (SISs), assessment systems, Instructional Management Systems (IMSs), and data-warehousing systems, aiming to distinguish between different types of data systems. The same functions.  Data systems That this data to educators in an over-the-counter data size embed labels, supplemental documentation and help system and make key package / display and content decisions to Improve the accuracy of data system users’ data analyzes. 
- Data processing
- Persistent data structure
- Persistence (computer science)
- Paul beynon-davies
- Jump up^ Beynon-Davies P. (2009) Business Information Systems. Palgrave, Basingstoke
- Jump up^ Beynon-Davies P. (2010) Significance: Exploring the nature of information, systems and technology. Palgrave, Basingstoke
- Jump up^ Wayman, JC (2005). Involving teachers in data-driven decision making: Using computer data systems to support teacher inquiry and reflection. Journal of Education for Students Placed at Risk, 10, no. 3: 295-308.
- Jump up^ Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (2007). Landscape review: Education data.
- Jump up^ Rankin, J. (2013, March 28). How epidemic and how educator leaders can help. (TICAL) School Leadership Summit.