A control flow diagram ( CFD ) is a diagram to describe the control flow of a business process , process or review
Control flow diagrams were developed in the 1950s, and are widely used in multiple engineering disciplines. They are one of the classic business process modeling methodologies, along with flow charts , data flow diagrams , functional flow block diagram , Gantt charts , PERT diagrams, and IDEF . 
A control flow can consist of a subdivision to show sequential steps, with if-then-else conditions, repetition, and / or case conditions. Successively, the results of this study are summarized in the following table. 
There are several types of control flow diagrams, for example:
- Change control flow diagram, used in project management
- Configuration control flow diagram, used in configuration management
- Process control flow diagram, used in process management
- Quality control flow diagram, used in quality control .
In software and systems development control flow diagrams can be used in control flow analysis , data flow analysis , algorithm analysis , and simulation . Control and data are most applicable for real time and data driven systems. These flows analyze transforms and data requirements into graphs that are easier to analyze than the text. PERT, transition, and transaction diagrams are examples of control flow diagrams. 
Types of Control Flow Diagrams
Process Control Flow Diagram
A flow diagram can be developed for the process control system for each critical activity. Process control is a closed cycle Normally in a qui Sensor Provides information to a process control application software through a system communications . The application determines if the sensor information is within the predetermined (or calculated) data parameters and constraints. The results of this study are presented. This feedback may be of interest to you. 
This closed-cycle process has many checks and balances to ensure that it stays safe. The investigation of how the process control can be subverted is likely to be extensive because all or part of the process control may be oral. It may be fully automated, or it may be a hybrid in which only the sensor is automated and the action requires manual intervention. Further, some process control systems may use prior generation of hardware and software, while others are state of the art. 
Performance checking flow diagram
The figure presents an example of a performance flow control diagram of the algorithm. The control law consists of estimation, modeling, and optimization processes. In the Kalman filter estimator, the inputs, outputs, and residuals were recorded. At the compact propulsion system modeling stage, all were estimated. 
In addition to temperatures, pressures, and control positions, these parameters were stall margins, thrust, and drag components were recorded. In the optimization phase, the operating condition constraints, optimal solution, and linear programming. Finally, the DEEC was recorded. 
- Data flow diagram
- Control flow graph
- Flow process chart
This article incorporates public domain material from the National Institute of Standards and Technology website http://www.nist.gov .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Glenn B. Gilyard and John S. Orme (1992) NASA Technical Memorandum 4400 Subsonic Flight Test Evaluation of a Performance Seeing ControlAlgorithm on an F-15 .
- Jump up^ Thomas Dufresne & James Martin (2003). “Process Modeling for E-Business”. INFS 770 Methods for Information Systems Engineering: Knowledge Management and E-Business. Spring 2003
- Jump up^ FDA glossary of terminology relevant to software development and computerized systems. Accessed 14 Jan 2008.
- Jump up^ Dolores R. Wallace et al. (1996). Reference Information for the Software Verification and Validation Process , NIST Special Publication 500-234.
- ^ Jump up to:a b National Institute of Justice (2002). A Method to Assess the Vulnerability of US Chemical Facilities . Series: Special Report.