CIMACT is EUROCONTROL’s  Civil-Military Air Traffic Management Co-ordination Tool .
CIMACT is a EUROCONTROL software, That Is-combining and civil merging and military data sources (Mainly monitoring and flight map data) into a correlated Air Situation Display (Also Known As Recognized Air Picture (RAP) to Enhance situational awareness and civil-military coordination. The software is highly flexible, interfaces to a wide variety of data sources and runs on commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware.
CIMACT was developed on the basis of ADMAR 2000 (Abgesetzte Darstellung Maastricht Radar Daten) , ADMAR, ADKAR and GAME on the basis of a Special Agreement of MOD Germany ( BMVg – A / 13 / D / HG / 82, April 18, 1983) In cooperation with EUROCONTROL . It has been operational since 1983 and was used by the German Air Force exclusively. In 2002 the system was re-engineered to run on modern hardware and operating systems, [ clarification needed ] and eventually named CIMACT. EUROCONTROL has since then offered the software package to its member states. CIMACT ‘
CIMACT in approach control
CIMACT in the flexible use of airspace concept
CIMACT on an aerodrome control tower
EUROCONTROL HQ in Brussels
CIMACT is a common co-ordination system to exchange information between civil and military users. CIMACT integrates a wide variety of information to provide the user with a comprehensive overview of the air situation. It contains a set of air traffic control (ATC) functionalities, filters and collaboration facilities to enable silent coordination between connected systems. CIMACT offers an automated interface with the EUROCONTROL Local and sub-Regional Airspace Support System (LARA). 
CIMACT is used the following operational scenarios:
- Airspace management (FUA concept)  – to improve the situational awareness and the coordination of civil and military controllers during the activation and use of areas.
- Aerodrome and approach control – Combined with a radar tracker, the system is used for different airbases for control of local air traffic.
- Tracking, Recording and Analysis  – to monitor and assess air traffic to follow up reports, investigate incidents and potential violations.
- ATM Security  – to coordinate efficiently between civil and military units during ATM Security incidents, for more information, see the EUROCONTROL CIMACT website. 
For further information, see the latest CIMACT Brochure from EUROCONTROL. 
CIMACT is running on a Linux distribution and is coded in C ++ and Java.
The main capabilities encompass:
- Decoding of multiple types of surveillance (tracks / plots) and flight plan data
- Producing one correlated air picture
- Connectivity over various networks and protocols ( TCP / IP , UDP , X.25 , UMTS , etc.)
- Filtering and highlighting capabilities
- Interfacing to several tools and databases (LARA,  and EAD  )
- Drawing package
- Pilot working position
CIMACT supported data formats
EUROCONTROL published ASTERIX standards:
- CAT000 Time Synchronization Messages (timestamp and / or status)
- CAT001 Monoradar Data Target Reports (Plot and / or Track)
- CAT002 Monoradar Service Messages (Timestamp)
- CAT003 Distribution of Synthetic Air Traffic Data (Track)
- CAT004 Safety Nets Messages (Time and / or Conflict)
- CAT008 Monoradar Derived Weather Information (Weather)
- CAT009 Multisensor Derived Weather Information (Weather)
- CAT021 ADS-B Messages (Track) CAT030 Air Situation Picture (Track)
- CAT031 Sensor Service Messages (Status)
- CAT034 Monoradar Service Messages (Timestamp)
- CAT048 Monoradar Data Target Reports (Plot and / or Track)
- CAT062 System Track Data (Track)
- CAT063 Sensor Status Messages (Status)
- CAT065 SDPS Service Status Messages (Timestamp)
- CAT150 Flight Data Messages
- CAT152 Time Stamp Messages (Timestamp)
- CAT252 Session and service control messages (Timestamp)
CIMACT developed ASTERIX standards (proprietary standards):
- CAT142 Track Highlight Messages
- CAT143 Geographical Pointer Posts
- CAT144 Note for Inter-site Communication Messages
- CAT145 List of Online Participants for Inter-site Communication Messages
ADEXP formatted messages:
- ADMFPL Flight Plan Message
- ADMFPT Flight Plan Termination Message
- ADMFPU Flight plan Update Message
ICAO formatted messages:
- FPL Filed Flight Plan
- CHG Changed Flight Plan
- CNL Canceled Flight Plan
- CPL Current Flight Plan
The CIMACT Program is managed by EUROCONTROL’s Civil-Military ATM Coordination Division . Helpdesk and Service Support is provided by the CIMACT Team at EUROCONTROL’s Maastricht Upper Area Control Center .
CIMACT User Group CIMACT User Group. The software development and maintenance is currently contracted to 42Solutions bv  and Graffica Ltd. 
The Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) for the software are owned by EUROCONTROL.
CIMACT paves the way towards the European-wide application of the FUA concept with new opportunities for improving civil-military cooperation. CIMACT is a reliable cost-effective operational system Supporting the improvement of civil-military co-ordination and security, qui Enhances the safety of air navigation in line with the Single European Sky .
- Jump up^ EUROCONTROL’s
- Jump up^ “Local And sub-Regional Airspace Management Support System – LARA – LARA Main Page” . Www.LARA-eu.org . Retrieved 16 June 2017.
- Jump up^ (FUA Concept)
- Jump up^ “Tracking, Recording and Analysis” . Luftwaffe.de . Retrieved 16 June2017 .
- Jump up^ “ATM Security – Eurocontrol” . Www.Eurocontrol.int . Retrieved 16 June 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Civil-Military ATM Co-ordination Tool (CIMACT) – Eurocontrol” . Www.Eurocontrol.int . Retrieved 16 June 2017 .
- Jump up^ 
- Jump up^ LARA
- Jump up^ “EUROCONTROL – The European AIS Database: Introduction to EAD Basic – Home – Home” . Www.ead.eurocontrol.int . Retrieved 16 June2017 .
- Jump up^ KoffieCorner. “- 42 Solutions – IT Experts in motion, control and security” . Www.42Solutions.nl . Retrieved 16 June 2017 .
- Jump up^ www.squeezedigital.co.uk. “Air Traffic Management, Airspace Management and Rail Traffic Management Solutions – Graffica – Vision Accomplished” . Graffica.co.uk . Retrieved 16 June 2017 .