CARWINGS , renamed NissanConnect in 2015, and aussi branded as Infiniti InTouch is a vehicle telematics services offert by the Nissan Motor Company to drivers in Japan, the United States ,  Canada, Great Britain,  and MOST other countries Where the LEAF is sold.  Nissan vehicles. It provides mobile connectivity for on-demand traffic information and services. The service began in December 1997, having been installed in the 1997 Nissan Cedric , Nissan Gloria , Nissan President ,
The subscription service is the only one of its kind in the world. TCU (telematics control unit), unlike other Nissan vehicles that use the driver’s cell phone to connect to their data services.
Vehicles installed with the service
Starting October 2006
The services provided vary in the vehicle.
Fastest route (on-demand VICS)
This feature offers the most efficient route based on various conditions between the point of departure and the destination. The objective of this feature is to offer a predetermined route that will allow the driver to arrive with the least amount of interruptions, taking into account any factors that could contribute to a delay in arriving in the least amount of driving time. The VICS (Vehicle Information and Communication System) feature is a service offered only in Japan that provides broadcasting information and is broadcast digitally on FM radio frequencies.
By selecting this feature, the system will connect you to a call center, where a destination can be sent to your vehicle. Other information available for a fee. If the caller is unsure of some of the details needed, the live operator can make suggestions or offer assistance in numerous categories.
AutoDJ (information content)
Some of the services available include traffic and weather information, horoscopes, including sports scores and game status. The information is then displayed on the screen. The downloaded text, and navigation can be read audibly by the navigation system. Starting September 20, 2006, CARWINGS, which is then relayed to a separate “information channel” that is also displayed.
Probe traffic information delivery
Installed in conjunction with HDD navigation, this service was started in November 2006. The telemetry is uploaded via mobile phones, and the Nissan Vehicle Information Center collects and analyzes statistical system to deliver results as traffic information. The vehicle position is then complemented by the VICS service to display the fastest route. The implementation is very similar to the “floating car” system offered by Honda’s Internavi service. As of June 2007, the vehicles listed below were offered this particular service.
- Skyline, Serena, Tiida, Tiida Latio, Wingroad, Dualis
This city guide
Installed in HDD navigation, and service began in November 2006. This service offers entertainment, shopping and leisure activities available to the current vehicles and is downloaded automatically. It offers free Wi-Fi and free parking.
Installed in HDD navigation, and Service began in November 2006. Provide location and time according to the above listed services.
When a new car is purchased this at Japanese Nissan dealer , is the optional navigation services, registration for the service was free for three years from April 2008 operator services are free. After the free period ends, the service is available for ¥ 3,150 per year. The data connection is an additional subscription fee, provided by mobile phone communication services from telecom company WILLCOM subscription service “dedicated services for CARWINGS Navigation System”. Softbank in 2010 since January, and flat-rate only regular charts “Navigation Plan”.
Most of the Nissan vehicles (excluding commercial vehicles, some trucks) manufacturers standard or available in the navigation support options that are set by dealers. However, the feature can be used by different types of cars and navigation. Also, Suzuki for certain models ( Grand Vitara etc.) have also been adopted.
Since September 2008, Sanyo navigation system also added support in some models of their “Gorilla” product line.
- December 1997 – Telematics Service Provider “Compass Link Co., Ltd.” Was established
- September 1998 – telematics services manned by operators, “Compass Link” Launched
- July 1999 – No Information Service “Auto Compass Link” service start
- January 2000 – Compass Link Service Mitsubishi provided for the start
- July 2000 – BMW JAPAN link service as a compass for the “BMW Asist mobility support” start serviceDejitarutsuka 東北 Dejitarutsuka 中国 Dejitarutsuka 四 国 Kansai.
- “CARWINGS (Wings Car)” was released
- February 2002 – TBS Radio & Communications Corporation in collaboration with the “Car Wings” on-demand start joint experiments utilizing radio
- April 2003 – Japan Railway Co. “Automotive Engineering” New Technology of the Year award for 2002-2003
- September 2004 – the fastest route search, Bluetooth released a new CARWINGS navigation with wireless communications
- October 2004 – or 24-hour operator service CARWINGS, free for three years
- October 2004 – NTT DoCoMo as a joint review service, and new information services, “Mobile and Send” Start
- May 2005 – Sites that offer car Wings Plan “drive” the world’s first commercial route
- October 2005 – Membership and community sites “Car Wings Style” begins (End November 20, 2006)
- October 2005 – sponsored by Shogakukan “Grand Serai” Award winning service planning
- November 2006 – Launch of the HDD navigation type (probe traffic information distribution service started)
- January 23, 2008 – Willcom , but only marketing communication unit. This is a by-law,
- April 1, 2008 – or all services other than operator services for free (only for new car registration)
- September 19, 2008 – Sanyo made portable navigation NV-BD600DT (nickname: Gorilla) installed
- September 29, 2015 – CARWINGS is merged into the NissanConnect EV system 
- February 2016 – The NissanConnect EV mobile app is disabled in response to the discovery of an exploit that could allow a hacker to remotely control some non-critical systems such as climate control 
- MyFord Touch
- Ford Sync
- Microsoft Auto
- Hyundai Blue Link
- Kia UVO
- Toyota Entune (North America)
- Toyota G-Book (Japan)
- Honda’s Internavi
- BMW Assist
- Fiat Blue & Me
- MSN Direct
- Mercedes COMAND
- Jump up^ “Call Your Car With CARWINGS” .
- Jump up^ “You + Nissan” .
- Jump up^ “NissanConnect EV on the App Store” .
- Jump up^ Gordon-Bloomfield, Nikki. “Owner NissanConnect EVA on September 29” . Transportevolved.com . Retrieved 19 December 2016 .
- Jump up^ Hunting, Benjamin. “NissanConnect EV App Due To Hacking Exploit” . Slashgear.com . Retrieved 19 December 2016 .