Business and Information Systems Engineering (BISE) is an international scholarly and double-blind review of the social and economic development of social welfare. Information systems are understood as socio-technical systems, including tasks, people, and information technology. Research published in the newspaper examined under problems in the analysis, design, implementation and management of information systems and covers areas of information management , computer science , business administration and economics , new media , And operations research . BISE publishes bimonthly, and features a double-blind peer review process.
Business and Information Systems Engineering (BISE) is the language of the newspaper WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, which has been the flagship of the German-language Information Systems for more than 50 years. The German journal elektronische datenverarbeitung , published since 1959, was renamed in Angewandte Informatik in 1971 and again in WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK in 1989, with the first issue published in 1990. To expand its reach in Europe and internationally, WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK has been published in a cover-to-cover Business and Information Systems Engineering (BISE) since issue 1/2009.
- Martin Bichler: since 2012
- Hans Ulrich Buhl: 2006 – 2013
- Wolfgang König: 1998-2008
- Ulrich Hasenkamp: 1992-2000
- Peter Mertens: 1990-2000
- Norbert Szyperski: 1971-1991
- Paul Schmitz: 1969-1991
- Hans Konrad Schuff: 1959-1968
Types of Submissions
BISE allows different types of submissions. Research papers and articles in the literature. The journal also publishes research notes, which promote the dialogue among the community on new and emerging developments. This report is a compendium of proposals for future research. BISE also publishes state-of-the-art articles, which survey recent developments in a particular field of interest. All of the above types of submissions are double-blind peer-reviewed research contributions.
BISE is segmented into 7 departments for scientific research, covering topics including:
- Business Process Management
- Computational Methods and Decision Support
- Economics of Information Systems
- Enterprise Modeling and Enterprise IS
- Information Systems Engineering and Technology
- IS Foundations and Research Methods
- Management and Use of Information and Knowledge
Specific sections in the journal include the following:
- Catchwords, describing emerging technologies and important phenomena for the BISE community;
- Discussion, providing statements of experts on a specific subject matter to the field;
- Interviews with top scholars and industry representatives.
BISE is sponsored by the Information Systems (Wirtschaftsinformatik, WKWI) of the German Association for Business Research (VHB) and the Business Informatics Group (GI-FB WI) of the Gesellschaft für Informatik e. V. (GI) with more than 1200 members. BISE is also an affiliated journal of the Association for Information Systems (AIS).
- Buhl, HU (2008). “50 Jahre Zeitschrift WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK: Auf zu neuen Ufern …”. Wirtschaftsinformatik . 51 : 1-1. Doi : 10.1007 / s11576-008-0110-5 .