Agricultural Information Management Standards , abbreviated to AIMS is a space for accessing and discussing agricultural information management standards, tools and methods. Information management standards, tools and good practices can be found on AIMS:
- OpenSIGLE at INIST: Item 10068/58881 OpenSigle – System for Information on Gray Literature in Europe
- To provide advice on how to best manage, disseminate, share and exchange agricultural scientific information;
- To promote good practices widely applicable and easy to implement, and;
- To foster communities of practice on interoperability, reusability and cooperation.
AIMS is an essential tool for information workers and librarians, information managers, software developers-but is also passionate about knowledge and information sharing. The success of AIMS depends on its communities reaching an interoperability standards.
AIMS holds 9 communities of practice . They are intended to discuss and share information about the various ongoing initiatives under the AIMS umbrella. AIMS supports collaborations through forums and blogs amongst institutions and individuals who wish to share expertise on how to use tools, standards and methodologies. In addition, the AIMS is a part of its “one-stop” approach to interoperability and reusability of information resources. The AIMS is a community-based, inclusive, and inclusive educational institution.
- AGROVOC is a comprehensive multilingual vocabulary that contains close to 40,000 concepts in over 20 languages covering subject fields in agriculture, forestry and fisheries together with cross-cutting themes such as land use, rural livelihoods and food security.  It standsardizes data description to enable a set of core integration goals: interoperability, reusability and cooperation.  In this spirit of collaboration AGROVOC aussi works with other organisms That are using Linked Open Data technologies to connect vocabularies and build the backbone of the next generation of Internet data; Data that is not just for purpose. It is maintained by a global community of librarians, terminologists, Information managers and software developers  using VocBench , a multilingual, web-based vocabulary editor and workflow management tool that allows for simultaneous, distributed editing. 
- In addition to AGROVOC, AIMS provides access to other vocabularies such as the Geopolitical ontology and Fisheries Ontologies . The geopolitical ontology of the geopolitical model of the geopolitical system . The network of fisheries ontologies Was created as a share of the NeOn Project and it covers The Following areas: Water areas: for statistical reporting, jurisdictional ( EEZ ), environmental (LME), Species: taxonomic classification, commercial ISSCAAP classification Aquatic resources, Land areas, Fisheries commodities, Vessel types and size, Gear types, AGROVOC , ASFA. 
- AgMES is designed as a namespace to include agriculture specific extensions for terms and Refinements Established from standard metadata namespaces like Dublin Core or AGLS , used for Document-like Information Objects, for example like publications, articles, books, websites, papers, etc. 
- Linked Open Data (LOD) – Enabled Bibliographic Data (LODE-BD) Recommendations 2.0 are a reference tool That assists bibliographic data providers in Selecting Appropriate encoding strategies selon Their needs in order to Facilitate metadata exchange by, for example, Constructing crosswalks entre Their Local data formats and widely used formats or even with a Linked Data representation
- AgriDrupal is both a suite of solutions for agricultural information management and a community of practice around these solutions. The AgriDrupal community is made up of people Who work in the community of agricultural information management specialists and-have-been experimenting with IM solutions in Drupal . 
- AgriOcean DSpace is a joint initiative of the United Nations Agencies of FAO and UNESCO- IOC / IODE to provide a customized version of DSpace . It uses standard for metadata , thesauri and other controlled vocabulariesfor oceanography , marine science , food, agriculture, development, fisheries , forestry , natural resources and other related sciences. 
- VocBench is a web-based multilingual vocabulary management tool developed by FAO and hosted by MIMOS Berhad . It transforms thesauri, SKOS / RDF concept schemes for use in a linked data environment. VocBench also manages the workflow and editorial processes implied by vocabulary evolution as validation and versioning. VocBench supports a growing set of user communities, including the global, distributed group of terminologists who manage AGROVOC . 
- WebAGRIS is a multilingual Web-based system for distributed data input, processing and dissemination (through the Internet or on CD-ROM), of agricultural bibliographic information. It is based on standard data of input and dissemination formats ( XML , HTML , ISO2709), as well as subject categorization schema and AGROVOC . 
- AgriFeeds is a service that allows users to search for and search for and search for products and services.  AgriFeeds was designed in the context of CIARD (Coherence in Information for Agricultural Research for Development). Within CIARD, the partners who designed and implemented AgriFeeds are FAO and GFAR . AgriFeeds is currently maintained by FAO .
- AGRIS is a global public domain database with nearly 3 million structured bibliographical records on agricultural science and technology. The database is maintained by FAO , with the participation of more than 100 participating institutions from 65 countries. 
- CIARD Routemap to Information Nodes and Gateways (RING) is a project within CIARD and is led by GFAR . The RING is a global registry of web-based services that provide access to any kind of information pertaining to agricultural research for development (ARD). It allows information providers to register their services in various categories and so facilitate the discovery of sources of agriculture-related information across the world. 
- Since January 2011, AIMS supports E-LIS , the international electronic archive for library and information science (LIS). E-LIS is established, managed and maintained by an international team of 73 librarians and information scientists from 47 countries and support for 22 languages. It is freely accessible, aligned with the Open Access (OA) movement and is a voluntary enterprise. Currently it is the largest international repository in the LIS field. Searching or browsing E-LIS is a kind of multilingual, multicultural experience, an example of what could be accomplished through open access archives to bring the people of the world together. 
- VEST Registry is a catalog of controlled vocabularies (Such As authority files, classification systems, concept maps , controlled lists, dictionaries, ontologies or subject headings); Metadata sets ( metadata elements, namespaces and application profiles); And tools (such as software management software, content management systems or document repository software). It is a matter of priority for collecting and maintaining a set of metadata for each resource. The scope of the VEST Registry is to provide a clearing house for tools, metadata sets and vocabularies used in food, agriculture , development, fisheries ,
- Geopolitical ontology
- Jump up^ “Basic Guidelines for Managing AGROVOC” (PDF) . 2008 . Retrieved 2011-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “Agricultural Information Systems and Common Exchange Standard” . 2005 . Retrieved 2011-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “AGROVOC Community” . Retrieved 2011-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “VocBench Homepage” . Retrieved 2011-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “Revised and enhanced fisheries ontologies” . Retrieved 2011-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “Agricultural Metadata Element Set: Standardization and Information Dissemination” (PDF) . Retrieved 2011-08-01 . [ Permanent dead link ]
- Jump up^ “AgriDrupal: repository management integrated into a content management system” (PDF) . Retrieved 2011-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “AgriOcean DSpace: FAO and UNESCO / IOC-IODE Combine Efforts in their Support of Open Access” . Retrieved 2011-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “VocBench: vocabulary editing and workflow management” (PDF) . Retrieved 2011-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “FAO’s experience in metadata exchange from CDS / ISIS bibliographic databases using XML format, compliant to Dublin Standard Core” (PDF). Retrieved 2011-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “AgriFeeds: The Agricultural News and Events Aggregator” (PDF) . Retrieved 2011-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “Knowledge and information sharing through the AGRIS Network” . Retrieved 2011-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “The CIARD RING, an infrastructure for interoperability of agricultural research information services” (PDF) . 2010 . Retrieved 2011-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “E-LIS: an international open archive towards building open digital libraries” . 2005 . Retrieved 2011-08-02 .