Wrong-way driver warning is a new advanced driver assistance system introduced in 2010  to prevent wrong-way driving .
In the case of signs Imposing access restrictions through the wrong-way driver warning function is an acoustic warning Emitted together with a visual warning in the instrument cluster – making effective year [ citation needed ] contribution Towards helping to prevent prevention serious accidents Caused by wrong- Way drivers.
- In 2010, Nissan has developed a GPS- enabled warning system to alert drivers in the wrong direction on motorways. The first application is the Nissan Fuga hybrid luxury sedan. The system is used to determine the direction of flow, such as the junctions. When the vehicle passes through that area, the system records its direction of travel. If the vehicle enters that area and the system determines that it is driving in the opposite direction it provides audible and visual warnings. 
- 2011 Toyota introduced Wrong-Way Driving Alert incorporated into navigation systems (only in Japan).  Gives on-screen and voice alerts to wrong-way drivers. The function monitors vehicle, tollgates, service area ramps, turn-offs and junctions. The new function was made possible by advances in communications-based map-updating technology and in pinpoint position-GPS technology, GPS, gyro1, vehicle-speed and other sensors to determine accurate vehicle movement. 
- In 2013 Mercedes-Benz introduced wrong-way driver warning function on the Mercedes-Benz S-Class (W222)  and the Mercedes-Benz E-Class facelift (W212) .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Technology – Automotive Engineer” . Ae-plus.com . Retrieved 26 November 2015 .
- Jump up^ “Toyota To Add Wrong Way Driving Alert To Navigation Systems” . AutoGuide.com News . 26 May 2011 . Retrieved 26 November 2015 .
- Jump up^ “TMC to Add Wrong-way Driving Alert to Navigation Systems” . Toyota.co.jp . Retrieved 26 November 2015 .
- Jump up^ “The driving assistance systems: Helpers in the background” . Daimler.com . 15 May 2013 . Retrieved 26 November 2015 .