Management Information Systems Quarterly is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal that covers research in the areas of management information and information technology. It was established in 1977 and is widely regarded as one of the most prestigious journals in the discipline disciplines.   It is an official journal of the Association for Information Systems  and is published by the Information Systems Research Center ( University of Minnesota ). The current editor-in-chief is Dr. Arun Rai from Georgia State University .
The journal had the highest impact factor (4.978) of all peer-reviewed academic journals in the field of Business from 1992-2005.  According to the Journal Citation Reports , the paper has a 2015 impact factor of 5,384. 
Past editors-in-chief in order of succession have been:
- Gary W. Dickson (1977-1982)
- William R. King (1983-1985)
- Warren McFarlan (1986-1988)
- James Emery (1989-1991)
- Blake Ives (1992-1994)
- Robert Zmud (1995-1998)
- Allen Lee (1999-2001)
- Ron Weber (2002-2004)
- Carol Saunders (2005-2007)
- Detmar Straub (2008-2012)
- Paulo Goes (2013-2015)
- Arun Rai (2016-Present)
- Jump up^ “Introduction – MIS Journal Rankings” . Association for Information Systems. Archived from the original on 2010-01-05 . Retrieved 2008-09-01 .
- Jump up^ Ferratt, TW; Gorman, MF; Kanet, JJ; Salisbury, WD (2007). “IS Journal Quality Assessment Using the Author Affiliation Index” . Communications of the Association for Information Systems . 19 : 710-724.
- Jump up^ Galletta, D. (October 2007). “President’s Message” . Association for Information Systems. Archived from the original on 2014-08-14.
- Jump up^ “MIS Quarterly appoints new Editor-in-Chief” (PDF) .
- Jump up^ Mangematin, V .; Baden-Fuller, C. (2008). “Global Contests in the Production of Business Knowledge: Regional Centers and Individual Business Schools”. Long Range Planning . 41 : 117-139. Doi : 10.1016 / j.lrp.2007.11.005 .
- Jump up^ “Management Information Systems Quarterly”. 2015 Journal Citation Reports . Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters . 2015.