Internavi is a vehicle telematics services offert by the Honda Motor Company to drivers in Japan. In the United States, the service is known as HondaLink, or sometimes MyLink. It provides mobile connectivity for on-demand traffic and information services. The service began August 1997 and was first offered in the 1998 Honda Accord and the Honda Torneo sold only in Japan starting July 1998. The service received a revision to services offered October 2002, adding traffic information delivery capabilities to the Internavi Premium Club, And was optional on most Honda vehicles sold in Japan.
The subscription service is the only one of its kind in the world. The maps are sent by internet connections through the cellphone with a data download plan associated with the cellphone.
The Honda vehicle installed with the technology; The Internavi LINC is available at both the Apple App Store and Android Market and can be installed on compatible mobile devices.
One of the features offered is the ability to overlay weather information on the in-car map screen in 3D. Route guidance is provided in conjunction with VICS provided information on a wide weather disturbance approach, such as a snow storm or typhoon.
avi (with VICS)
The Following is a description of the various Elements That included Honda’s “Internavi” information service, Including integration of the Japanese gouvernements Nationally offert Service VICS , or Vehicle Information and Communication System Press release for introduction Internavi
The technology is dependent on the user’s cell phone service, and uses the data download plan associated with the users account. Once connected, one of the services available is route calculations towards a specific destination. The internavi information center, calculations and route planning is then determined to determine the quickest route to the selected destination. The VICS center, which is updated every five minutes based on reports from various sources. As travel begins towards the destination, any updated conditions are instantly relayed to the vehicle in real time. If cellphone service connection is lost, information will be updated as the connection is reestablished. Under normal navigation conditions, FM-multiplex broadcast VICS will prompt when specific conditions become aware, such as traffic congestion. The plotted course is then modified to inter-city motorway links. Information received to vehicles installed with an antenna externally installed. Information is also transmitted by transmitter towers located throughout Japan, identified with a “Beacon Light” located on main urban roads. In this way vehicles with Internavi receive information from both the “beacon light” towers and by individual cellphones paired up with vehicles,
Internavi “floating car” system
As the vehicle travels, or on a self-sustained route, the vehicle is placed in the interior of the Internavi Center Information Server. This autonomous information is then retransmitted to other users, notifying of road conditions. Vehicles installed with previous internal maps.  VICS terms and conditions. This feature can be deactivated by the driver if the user does not want to be transmitted, however by doing so, Road conditions can not be separated unless the tracking system is activated. Reports will then be limited to VICS information only. Road conditions can be specifically defined to individual lane conditions, as opposed to general road conditions, such as to identify a traffic incident in a particular lane. As the information is stored by various contributing vehicles, congestion prediction can also be provided. Road conditions are transmitted by the VICS system, however, Internavi provides additional and specific road traffic conditions based on individual lane conditions provided by the internavi “floating car” conditions, specifying which lane and the direction of the road itself. Internavi supporting traffic information is transmitted by individual driver’s cell phones,
Parking selection function
Internavi participating vehicles as well as parking facilities, public or private parking, from Internavi-equipped vehicles. The space is also defined by the size of the permitted vehicle.
Internavi Weather Features
As of October 2004, inclement weather conditions are overlaid onto the Internavi display map when the orientation of the map is displayed in 3D. This position displays. 
Information and CDDB music downloads
When playing a CD, the Internavi operating system provides the ability to save a particular song or the entire contents of the CD onto the hard disk within the vehicle. Information about the CD is then provided by Gracenote .
Map Update Service
The HDD is automatically updated map data for 24 months from registration, or up to 3 times on DVD map data sourced information before the first Japanese Government mandated vehicle inspection . After the time period has lapsed, map data updating is a supplementary service.
Honda dealers for repair, the HDD map data is completely upgraded to the most current data available. Any music files stored in the HDD will be safeguarded to prevent accidental deletion.
Personal Home Page
The Member ID and password issued at the time of admission, which provides a personal home page in conjunction with the car navigation features. Key features, drive information, drive configuration spot, and notification of when maintenance is based on mileages. Users can plan to get a personalized website, on a list that you have a destination, it is possible to easily perform the setting in the car destination. In addition, in June 2005 “Departure Time Traveler” is added a feature called, departure city, destination, and enter the desired arrival time, departure time and route recommendation, etc. To display the toll charges due.
Internavi also offers a phone call service to call for assistance, such as an accident, or a road emergency. The service also provides a 24-hour roadside assistance service and towing service. The service is an additional ¥ 2,000 enrollment fee, plus an JAF enrollment with an annual fee of ¥ 4,000 “Confederation of Japan Automobile”. The Honda Legend and the Honda Elysion with the V6 engine. This service also provides a live operator who can provide additional roadside assistance services in conjunction with other destinations and makes it impossible to continue driving.
Honda’s hybrid vehicles Honda Insight , the Honda CR-Z , and the Honda Fit Hybrid provide information such as Internet access information, and it records the accumulated mileage of the vehicle. clothes.
When a Honda product with an Internavi compatible Honda dealership. The new owner then completes an application form to register the vehicle and relevant information about the owner of the vehicle. Once completed, a PIN and activation instructions are sent to the owner.
Compatible navigation systems
Honda dealer, or by visiting “Honda Access” accessories retailers and have Internavi installed. In Japan, an automotive parts retail chain called ” Autobacs ” sells an in-dash navigation system built by Honda called ” Gathers ” which is compatible with the Internavi technology, and can install the equipment into any vehicle. Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … Loading … In addition, the DVD navigation system installed in the JDM Honda MDX can be upgraded and made compatible with Internavi. The JDM Honda Odyssey , Elysion , and the Honda Edix also have older versions of in-car navigation systems that can be upgraded. Pioneer “Carrozzeria” products are also found to be compatible.
Compatible mobile phone
When Internavi was introduced, NTT DoCoMo ‘s “mova” (Link to Docomo Glossary) and ” to ” phone, using CDMA 1X WIN technology was compatible. Phones that are identified with 3G technology can be paired with Internavi using a Bluetooth connection. In Japan, telecom company WILLCOM offers flat-rate telecommunications services, depending on the type of third generation mobile navigation which can be connected directly to telephone or cable for use on personal computers.
- August 1997 Internet fusing announced the first-generation Internet navigation services.
- July 1998 the Honda Accord,  substantially revised the content service
- October 2002, plus traffic information delivery capabilities, “Inter Premium Club” was released. By sharing the traffic information from the Inter-equipped vehicle
- VICS information not provided “Floating Car Data”, and automobile manufacturers the world’s first commercialized.
- June 2004 Achieved a membership of 100,000.
- October 2004 “Inter Navi Information by Lane” and “Inter Navi Weather” function was added.
- March 2005 Achieved a number of members 200,000.
- May 2005 WEB services for members in, with the VICS data InterNavi Advisor “departure time” began offering work.
- November 2005 Achieved a membership of 300,000. Willcom Card developed in collaboration with the straight-line communication service (launched in February 2006) announced. Reached 100 million km cumulative collection of information inter Floating Car
- March 2006, together with Google Earth use, publish information started floating car.
- July 2006 Achieved a membership of 400,000.
- Internavi “internaviBiz” (launched January 2007) announced.
- January 2007 Reached 200,000 km away Floating Car collect cumulative information inter.
- February 2, 2007 Introduced a flat-rate data communications service levels.
- March 2007 The number surpassed 500,000 members.
- July 2007 “Real-time map updates main street” announced the feature, the “Inter Navi Weather” to “heavy rainfall forecast information points” and “earthquake information” was added to the service. The purpose of such support measures to eliminate road congestion
- December 2007, announced to provide a floating car data Saitama.
- March 2008 “Time Traveler” starting capability, began to offer non-members.
- April 14, 2008, In collaboration with the police prefectures, to provide information on crime-ridden rentals, such as automotive vehicle theft, and started with the website navigation system.
- August 2008 Pioneer Corporation granted access to “Floating Car Data” to use mutually announced to start within 2008 Floating Car Information and Internet access.
- December 2008 “Inter Navi Weather” to “road ice information,” added the service.
- July 2009 “Departure Time Traveler” and other information, has launched a mobile phone on.
- August 2009 “peak increment” and Zenrin Datacom in collaboration with the movement of the earthquake, “Mobility Assistance Disaster Information Sharing System” Building the (started operating from September 01) announced that it has.
- October 2009 Traffic information service for mobile phones even non-members in “Honda Drive controller shell” was started.
- December 2009 Topped the one million membership.
- February 2010 The automotive industry’s first free communication “link up free” CR-Z , which began.
- March 2011, “Link-Up Free ‘for telecommunications equipment, Honda Fit Shuttle from Softbank of” Third generation mobile communication system (3G) to change the system annoncé it.
- November 2011 “Earthquake East Notification” in providing data for this service, Fiscal 2011 “Good Design Award” to.  The Good Design Grand Prize to the Honda Civic, which last won the award in 1984 in the three-door hatchback category.
- MyFord Touch
- Ford Sync
- Microsoft Auto
- Hyundai Blue Link
- Kia UVO
- Toyota G-Book
- Nissan’s CarWings
- BMW Assist
- Fiat Blue & Me
- MSN Direct
- Mercedes COMAND
- Jump up^ 29 March 2006 Honda’s press release date
- Jump up^ 2004 to display the information near the typhoon’s path and destination weather “Honda Inter Navi System” was installed after the A new feature addition.
- Jump up^ goods manufacturer Honda has launched a series of services, and was offered for sale in individual units sold at “Honda Access” retail locations operated from the beginning. Note that this service has been made available to you as of March 2004 for new registrations.
- Jump up^ winning Efforts by earthquake in eastern Internavihttp://www.honda.co.jp/news/2011/4111109.html”Actual traffic information map” of “Good Design Award 2011” Award Press Release November 09, 2011 Honda