EUCARIS is the European Car and Driving License Information System. EUCARIS is an information exchange system that provides information and support to all countries. EUCARIS is a multilingual, multilateral, multilateral, multilateral, bilateral, multilateral, bilateral, multilateral, bilateral, multilateral,
In the early nineties, the European Union (EU) and the European Union (EU) and the European Union (EU) 
The system is operational since 1994 and used Tuxedo as main technology for the exchange. In 2007 this system was replaced by the second generation of EUCARIS (aka EUCARIS II) which uses open standards (XML / Webservice / SOAP). The current EUCARIS software is built using the Microsoft .NET platform. 
Supporting treaties or agreements
EUCARIS currently supports the following treaties, council decisions, and bi- or multilateral agreements:
EUCARIS is a multilateral treaty that provides opportunities to share their car and driving license registration information, helping to fight theft and registration fraud.
The Prüm treaty , also partly adapted by Council Decision 2008/615 / JHA  and 2008/616 / JHA.  The treaty and Council Decisions supports cross-border cooperation, particularly in combating terrorism and cross-border crime.
Bilateral information exchange
Exchange of vehicle and its owner / holder date for the enforcement of traffic violations, toll collection, etc.
ECall is expected to provide a rapid response to motorists involved in a collision anywhere in the European Union .  Member States participating in eCall may use the EUCARIS platform for exchanging messages.  EUCARIS will support eCall from 2012.
RESPER (Driver ‘s License Network) is a network to be established across the European Union which should be fully operational by 19/1/2013. EUCARIS will be able to connect to the RESPER network giving the EUCARIS to exchange driving license information via RESPER. EUCARIS will support RESPER from 2012.
ERRU (European Register of Road Transport Undertakings). The European Union should be fully operational by 1/1/2013. EUCARIS will be able to connect to the ERRU network giving the EUCARIS to exchange information via ERRU. EUCARIS will support ERRU from 2012.
The table below shows the currently participating member states which are actively exchanging data: 
|Country||EUCARIS TreatyVehicles||EUCARIS TreatyDrivers licenses||Prüm Treaty||Bilateral agreementTraffic Fines||eCall||ERRU||RESPER|
- Jump up^ https://www.eucaris.net/origin-of-eucaris
- Jump up^ https://www.eucaris.net/technology
- Jump up^ Council Decision 2008/615 / JHA of 23 June 2008 on the stepping up of cross-border cooperation, particularly in combating terrorism and cross-border crime
- Jump up^ Council Decision 2008/616 / JHA of 23 June 2008 on the implementation of Decision 2008/615 / JHA on the stepping up of cross-border cooperation, particularly in combating terrorism and cross-border crime
- Jump up^ http://www.heero-pilot.eu/view/en/home.html
- Jump up^ http://www.heero-pilot.eu/ressource/static/files/heero_newsletter_issue1_final.pdf
- Jump up^ https://www.eucaris.net/participation