Behavior informatics ( BI ) is the information of behaviors so as to obtain behavior intelligence and behavior insights. 
Different from applied behavior analysis  from the psychological perspective, BI builds computational theories, systems and tools to qualitatively and quantitatively model, Represent, analyze, and manage Behaviors of Individuals, groups and / or organisms  .
BI is built one classic study of behavioral science  Including behavior modeling , applied behavior analysis , behavior analysis , behavioral economics , and organizational behavior . Typical BI tasks Consist of individual and group behavior training, representation,  computational modeling,  analysis,  learning,  simulation,  and understanding of behavior impact, utility, non-occurring Behaviors etc. . For behavior intervention and management.
Behavior informatics covers behavior analytics which focuses on analysis and learning of behavioral data.
From an informa t ics perspective, a behavior consists of four key elements: actors (behavioral subjects and behavioral objects), operations (actions, activities) and interactions, and their properties. A behavior can be represented as a behavior vector, all behaviors of an actor can be represented as behavior sequences and multi-dimensional behavior matrix.
- Jump up^ Cao, Longbing (2010). “In-depth Behavior Understanding and Use: the Behavior Informatics Approach”. Information Science . 180 (17): 3067-3085. Doi : 10.1016 / j.ins.2010.03.025 .
- Jump up^ Fisher, Wayne W .; Piazza, Cathleen C .; Roane, Henry S. (eds.) (2011). Handbook of Applied Behavior Analysis . The Guilford Press.
- Jump up^ Hinkle, DE; Wiersma, W .; Jurs, SG (2002). Applied Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences: Applying Statistical Concepts . Wadsworth Publishing.
- Jump up^ Wang, Can; et al. (2015). “Formalization and Verification of Group Behavior Interactions”. IEEE T. Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems . 45 (8): 1109-1124.
- Jump up^ Ilgen, DR; Hulin, CL (Eds.) (2000). Computational Modeling of Behavior in Organizations: The Third Scientific Discipline . American Psychological Association.
- Jump up^ Pierce, WD; Cheney, CD (2008). Behavior Analysis and Learning . Psychology Press.
- Jump up^ Xu, YS; Lee, KC (2005). Human Behavior Learning and Transfer . CRC Press.
- Jump up^ Zacharias, GL; MacMillan, J. (Eds.) (2008). Behavioral Modeling and Simulation: From Individuals to Societies . National Academies Press.